HybridZ

rb20 swap a few questions

Guest Socalrcr

Guest Socalrcr

First of all i wanna introduce myself, my name is John and i ya a Newbie :) i live in San Diego Ca. But i am in need of a lil advice and hope i can get some good solid info.

The car that is to receive this swap is a 72 "240" Z and it is totally stripped its a shell with seats and steering wheel it has lights and tail lights and thats it:biggrin: But it does have a great body the only rust i found was when you lift the back hatch up, and it has no rear diff.

So what i wanna do is the RB20 swap. Here is the list of stuff i have gathered from the forums but i am sure i am missing something so please be picky and let me know what it is.

RB20 Engine w/tranny Ecu, wire harness.

Rb mount kit

Timing belt

water pump

down pipe kit

Intercooler piping and intercooler

Drive shaft

Wiring Kit (a shop modifies the harness to be a direct fit)

Fuel Pump (dunno what kind of anything please help)

Rear End (dunno what will fit please help)

Clutch

*the car was set for automatic so i need to swap the pedals to make it work for a standard-any info on this would be great*

I am not sure what else and if there are any small details please add anything to make this swap as painless as possible.

I'll also need a dash with gauges or my second idea was to use the 240sx dash. I have a Apexi SAFC II will this be a good unit to use to set fuel and air curves and set boost.

Once again

Thanks

John