HybridZ

Desynz Motorsports Oil Return Head Mod: $250 Shipped

underground

After being contacted by several members on the board who saw the Desynz Motorsports Oil Return Head Mod on the BF Goodrich Tires Demo RB26DETT 240SX, I contacted the manufacturer (friend of mine) in Australia and wanted to pass along the product for those that were interested in purchasing.

The RB's are notorious for their oiling issues, and this head mod is recommended on any modified RB.

Oil tends to get trapped in the head under acceleration forcing oil buildup in the back of the head, which leads to oil starvation in the pan.

The Desynz Motorsports head mod greatly reduces these issues.

adaptor1.jpg

adaptor2.jpg

adaptor3.jpg

The fitting is easy as to install, and comes with all the bolts and o-rings required to install. All thats needed to install it is a drill, and a M6 tap.

Any machine shop should be able to do it very easily, or you can do it yourself if you have a basic mechanical knowledge. All you have to do is remove the top welsh plug on the back of the head drill and tap 4 holes and install.

I normally use a -12 alloy weld on fitting on the sump of a GTR or -12 steel on RB20/25/30. I can also supply the weld on fittings for the sump for an extra $10 if you'd like.

In order to finish the installation, you will need to purchase the following pieces:

(1) -12 AN straight hose end fitting

(1) -12 AN 45 degree hose end elbow

(1) 3 Feet of -12 AN braided line

Images of the finished installation on the 240SX:

RB26Buildup036.jpg

RB26Buildup038.jpg

RB26Buildup091.jpg

RB26Buildup089.jpg

If using the RB26 Oil Pan, Please weld the sump fitting on here:

headmod5.jpg

headmod6.jpg

headmod7.jpg

If using the RB25 Oil Pan, please weld the sump fitting on here:

RB26Buildup069.jpg

RB26Buildup070.jpg

The reason we put it at the bottom of the pan is because crankcase pressure at high RPMs would cause the oil to stall inside the line, preventing it from free flowing back to the sump. Below the oil line is where we got the best results from.

SR20s also suffer from a similar problem with their factory oil return to the sump because the oil return is above the oil line.

The oil return from the head actually breathes crankcase pressure and oil vapor back out of the sump rather than draining oil back down into it.

Thats why they have a small cannister mounted to the tappet cover, it catchs the vented oil under high revs and allow it to drain back under decel or lower engine load periods.

The reason we put it in the front of the pan is because typically lateral acceleration causes the oil to head towards the back of the pan therefore aiding the drain-back process.

My paypal is chrisariggs@hotmail.com, and shipping will take 2-3 days from time of order.

Please specificy what oil pan you are using, if you include the extra $10 for the weld-on fitting.