HybridZ

exhaust for a small smallblock

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey just a question: im building a 283 to put in my 240 and question being what size exhaust am i gonna have to run?? id like to stay single if possible to save weight and because of space. im runnning 2 1/2 with the six currently. the 283 will be expected to revin excess of 6k,,.. hopefully over 300 hp. thanks DAn

The JTR book says a single 2.5" pipe is fine for a mild 350, so a 283 should do o.k. I am going to be running about 400hp with a 355, so I have already purchased a single 3" system--which is almost overkill since it is so good (mandrel bent and all that). You could save money and see how your system works out first, then upgrade later if you really need it.

Guest Anonymous

It'll work fine for your application, IMHO. I'm using 2" into a Y into 2.5" single and it works fine. My engine is a stock 350 with a tad better intake and carb. If it was a concern, you could always go 2.5" into a single 3" although I personally think its overkill for lower HP applications. Just an opinion mind you.

Lone