HybridZ

Prioriities for Target Areas

I've been fixing the lights so far, but, what things on my '78 280Z should I be checking out or looking for in terms of suspension? I've heard a few 'Slam!" noises in the back while driving the car around and occasionally it feels like a wheel is bouncing/out of round?

Car is from Fla., and 100k miles. I started thinking that the bushings may be worn out, so the suspension is loose.

My goal is to get the car to feel solid without the "2x4 shock absorber" feeling.

Basically, if your car still has the same rubber bushings it originally came with, you would do the car (and yourself) major justice by replacing them with either polyurethane or polygraphite bushings. Auxilary installed polygraphite bushings on his car, and it feels like a 'new' car that doesn't squeak at all. No crashing noises of any kind. He is running 200lb springs and his car is even a bit "stiff" feeling for the more senior of our group out here, but doesn't bother me one bit! smile.gif

Davy