HybridZ

Oil cooler question...

cpt jack

Hey all i looked and kinda really didnt find anything that matched or im just dumb.... i want to put an oil cooler on my z and my buddy has a rx7 oil cooler he was gunna give me... i was wondering what exactly i would need to slap an oil cooler on? Where do i get that thing that sandwiches between the oil filter and block? thats the thing that the oilcooler hoses would connect to correct? And where would i get ss lines for it? any help would be great!

You can find the adapter for the oil filter and block on a turbo ZX with auto transmission. You might get the hoses from the same car but I don't think they will mate with the rx7 cooler. If you find the right ZX in the junkyard you can take the whole system.

Truck hydraulic shop can make custom hoses.

• 1 month later...

So only Turbo Autos came with Oil coolers not Turbo 5-Speeds? I'm removing the motor from my donor car and noticed no hoses. The book just says Turbo Cars had hoses and nons did not.

I'm sitting here thinking maybe the original block went bad and a junk yard non-turbo F54 went into its place. Isn't there a sensor on the block that only came on the turbos?