HybridZ

Injector mounting options for pathy lower intake manifold *PICS*

hoohaa

So I want to run Ford CFI 440cc injectors in my VG30. I have a pathfinder lower intake manifold on the bench along with a Z31 top feed fuel rail and regulator. It only takes a single glance to realize that the Z31 rail and hold-downs are not going to work on the pathy lower IM. The outside bolt holes don't line up and there isn't a bolt hole at all on the center injector.

I could weld up some little platforms that I could tap out to be able to use the Z31 hold downs, or I could machine a brand new set of rails, or perhaps there's another lower IM that would be compatible with the Pathy upper IM and receive those Z31 hold-down bolts? I would greatly prefer the latter option, although if it comes down to it I will definitely weld up some hold-down platforms.

Here are a few pics of the non-fitment:

P1040728-1.jpg

P1040736.jpg

P1040749.jpg

I believe the best option will be to use a z31 lower manifold. I just confirmed that this is possible. The pathy manifold FAQ on z31.com was down when I tried to check.

X3 the lowers ate the same form Z21- D21 just all the Z31's and early trucks (90-92) use top feed injectors.

Nissan chaned all the VG30's over to sidefeed injectors in early 93