HybridZ

VE kpa axis reading in %ages rather than kpa

hoohaa

I'm a little embarrassed to ask this. I had a MSII B&G msq set up, but then I converted the MSII to run MS2Extra code. After I made the conversion my MSII had the kpa axis of the VE tables listed in percentages rather than a direct kpa value as it did in MSII. I want the VE table to be based on actual kpa values rather than percentages.

I know there is some way to change this, but for the life of me I cannot find it. I've looked all through MT and the MT configurator, but I have not found a setting page where I can change this. If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it. I don't think the MegaManual mentions this since it's a MS2Extra issue.

That would explain why I cannot find a way to change it. Am I correct in understanding that the percentage is actually based upon the range of the map sensor rather than the actual boost measurement, i.e. "100%" could be 250 kpa for the standard MS map sensor or 300 kpa for an upgraded sensor?

This is not a problem for me unless I decide to go with a larger sensor, which is unlikely. It is also adds on more step of abstraction since I will be converting percentage to kpa and then to pounds of boost, until I can start thinking in kpa rather than pounds boost.

Ken (muythaibxr) gave me this response on the MS2Extra forums:

It (%age) depends on what you set for "load"

If you select alpha-n, it's % throttle, if you select Speed density, it's kPa, if you select % baro, then it's a percentage of the barometric pressure.

I am not sure how I missed that little tidbit in my reading of the manuals and the MSExtra forums, but I did. Hopefully this thread will help someone down the road.

Thanks Matt!