HybridZ

700r4 assembly...need help

Guest orange z

Guest orange z

First off I have a guy that built me the tranny I have. Worked great until I grenaded it so I had it rebuilt by the same guy. Worked for a few miles but was having problems and showed signs that the throttle valve was sticking wide open. Anyways I drove it home like an idiot and it smelled like burnt clutches when i got it home so anyways. I tore it down myself and it was the throttle valve I pulled it out and it functioned fine. I tore it down farther to check the clutches and they are all fine I guess I was smelling some oil on the headers or something.

My problem comes when I want to put it back together...I noticed that check ball placement and number is different for different tranny years...I'm not sure of the year and this is a built transmision not a factory one. Its a performance throttle body but it says GM on it and has the following numbers D18, GM, 4442, K187.

Transmissions a lot simpler to take apart and assemble then I expected except for this. The guy was kinda a jerk last time I talked to him so I'd rather not have to ask him I'm not sure if he'd tell me anyways. This trannys got hard parts from 700raptor and performance clutches. I hope I don't have anymore problems. Atleast I've begun to conquer my only fear when it comes to my car. Atleast its a good learnin experience if anyone could help me I'd sure appreciate it. I do have a hanes rebuild manual but as I said I'm confused bout the check balls.