HybridZ

Datsun TACH. to V-8

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just looking for some comments from anyone who has hooked a chevy V-8 to a stock Datsun Z TACH. Did it opperate propperly, and is it fairly accurate, I know the JTR manual covers the hook-up, but I am looking for the pro's and con's. thanks, Dave.

Guest chevsun

Dave I did the conversion from 240 to GM HEI(using 208 tach guts) and the only problem I had is that the resistor JTR recommended was too small. I had to put a small potentiometer in the loop and turned it up until the tach worked. Then I took an ohm reading. I don't remember what size resistor I ended up with but my tach worked fine. As far as accuracy I never really checked it but I never blew the motor either and I turned it to 6 frequently.

I'm using the factory tach in my '72 240z. I'm using a MSD distributor and MSD6AL ignition box. I had to use the MSD tach adaptor to get the 240z(current triggered) tach to work. I calibrated it using the RPM limiter set to 3K RPM. After calibrating at 3K, I set the limit to 6K and the tach reads around 6200 when the limiter kicks in. It's close enough for me...

Don

Guest Anonymous

has anyone done it with a zx? I could never get mine to work, so just got a small autometer till I do. Any info would be great. Thanks guys

sean

------------------

"I feel the need, the need for speed!!"

"Don't hate the player, hate the game!"

http://www.hey.to/ellobo