HybridZ

budget L series racer (nitrous)

stephen87

i am looking at a getting a '78 280 coupe, and i want to throw together a car to smack down a kid in a cobalt ss (he got his ass smoked by my spec v with a 75 shot) any way, i am not interested hurting my sentra,

any way, the 280 can be had for $200 and i am wanting to do the f54 flat top bottom end/maxima n-47 head,

270/480 cam, header, 2.5 pipe, and a 150 wet shot. also..micky thompson et drag tires..

so if i leave at redline, spray the rest of the way, what kind of 1/4 mile times would be reasonable to expect? i don't care if the motor holds together. if i get 2 or 3 passes, i am happpy.. i can pull a z engine in less than an hour..

the details are sketchy at this point, i may not be able to put my hands on the flat top bottom end, but the rest is there.

i have had tons plenty of zcars, and i have put together 4 turbo swapped s30's.. last nitrous zcar was a '76 280, stock with a 100 shot and free flowing exhaust.. i was not too impressed, but i was a little dumber at the time, and i did not realise there was a siphon in the tank, so i just had it laying down flat...