HybridZ

the cas was the problem

scottyMIz

well my buddy mike the one with the gtr let me borrow his spare cas and i put her on yesterday. Well at first i had to set the trigger angle since i had it all wrong for the other cas. I got her runnin and tried reving it up she was poppin and hesitating so i know that the cas was bad. I changed all the timing to make it run right with the other cas so everything was now way advanced. Car runs very smooth now i just have to finish tuning it i stopped at 4k(woman was naggin). I let it run for a while letting it get up to temp like usual and guess what?????? i shut her down and let it sit and get hotter and guess what??????? IT STARTED RIGHT UP!!!!!!! i was so excited :) So now i am working on the timing and i have to adjust the clod start map cuz i never got around to it. The new clutch goes in tomorrow and i have to fix the diff........ again i have the worse time with those R200's this is my third one and i can just guess what is bad in it again. The holes in the carrier that hold the spider gear pin turns oval after hard runnin and it starts slapping around until it breaks. Mine hasn't broke but very close to it so the pin is going to get welded in until i can get the vette irs in. I got the new monitor in the car now so i can tune the car without a laptop on the seat amd me leaning over. I'll get some pics :)

well tried tuning it more and i can get it to run good one time and then the next it is hesitating and back firing. :( I'm going to dig into it more tomorrow since tonight i had the cops called on me cuz i was reving the engine and it was back firing. i just put everything away when the cops showed up asking me if i was done for the night :) he was very nice and knew the ppl in my neighborhood were old and had nothing better to do. Just makes me mad they didn't come out and ask me to stop or talk to me it's not like i would have said no. I figured it was making some ppl mad thats why i shut it down. Anyway one way or another the clutch is going in tomorrow and i'm gonna go to the meet in gr

ok got the clutch in and you know for a cheap clutch that thing is nice. It grabs like right now there is very little give just in and out. I got the car running better still not 100% but she does pull extremely well at 15psi and in third. Once it gets up in rpm it sputters a bit so i think i have to adjust the cas a bit more and mess with the trigger angle. What a pain in the butt ;)

ok i got it running wayy better I adjusted the trigger angle and had to adjust the number of teeth in the haltech to make it run good. I was tuing it today and got it up to 20psi of boost and man does that thing pull!!!! i did a hard launch and shifted hard into second spinning the tires til i let off the gas. I have to do more tuning yet but it is doing very well so far, had to put it away for the night so i would not get in trouble with the cops and so i would have tires left ;)