HybridZ

JTR trans mount question

gretchen/jason

Oh the Jtr mounts dont huh . Go figure some guy down the streeet with a V8 z says he has the Jtr mounts and he had to weld them in oh well so it is .

Do they mount in the same place or should i ask does the engine sit any farther back with the Jtr mounts .

The msa mounts put my engine back far enough that my large style HEI distrubitor with the coil mounted on the distrubitor has just under 1/4 inch of clearance between it and the firewall . If they mount in the same place and i wouldnt have to get another driveshaft i may just get the entire JTR set up .

Jason

So i did go ahead and order mounts from JTR what a horiable experience . They were rude and kept trying to sell me stuff i didnt want . I said to them i needed engine and trans mounts only nothing else .

Well he started shoving the V8 conversion manual down my throat , i said this is my 3rd V8 swap he said well this will help ya get it rite !!!!!

Then he tried selling me the speedo cable adapter i said no i have a electronic speedo but he kept trying anyway and then kept trying to sell me other stuff no matter how many times i said no ive got it covered .

I dealt with JTR once before about the radiator i bought from them not keeping my V8 cool and they said it was my engine not the radiator so i then bought a 2 row rad problem solved but that is another story .

I now only hope they come with instructions on which mount goes where but i will say the price was good 140$ compared to msa 230$ something . Because when i ordered the radiator mount i had to figure it out my self not a big deal but still its the point .

Jason

I would check the driveline angle if you are going to mix and match parts of different manufacturers.

When I went to order mines, they were out of stock, so I made my own with rectangle stock and 5/8 flat stock. I like mines better anyway. It has notches for exhaust clearance, plus it gave me another couple inches of ground clearance.

This isn't a great pic, but you can get the idea. BTW the exhaust was not tightened down at the time so it's slightly rotated and lowered.

I forgot to mention there is a driveshaft hoop there in the picture between the exhaust that is not part of the crossmember.

car pics 019_thumb.JPG