HybridZ

Fuel cell with EFI

Guest Daddyrick

Guest Daddyrick

Since I am using a LS6 sbc setup in my Ferrari GTO 250 replica I have a problem. I need to know what is the best fuel tank setup for this fuel injected motor. The stock tank cannot be modified, since it is all but impossible to remove after installing the kit conversion. So scratch the stock tank. Who makes a fuel cell that is suitable for EFI. I also need to retain the stock fuel filler location. A 12 gallon size tank is ok with me.

Rick, did you already put on the body kit? If not you could modify the stock tank first, and reinstall it before your body kit. I'm using EFI on my 327, and I welded a sump to the stock tank, and also moved it to the center of the rear so I could run dual pipes on either side. I'm also using the stock fuel filler hole. Check "Page 7" on my site.

------------------

http://members.tripod.com/~SnowSurfer/mikekz1.html

Guest Daddyrick

Great looking car Mike. No I haven't mounted the kit yet. Jeff, at Stable Autoworks, did not say that the stock tank would not work, it's just that the body work curves under the tank so much, that it is all but impossible to remove if needed at a later time. I believe in Murphy's Law and like most of us, have been a student of Murphy's Law, if something can go wrong, it will go wrong. There is not much room to move the stock tank forward. If it were not for the "kit" I would do what you did.

Thanks,

Rick