HybridZ

MSII fidle

niner11

Well, I programmed my MSII to use my fidle output to control an electric fan but still having problems with it. Under port settings I have it set up per the MS manual. Using a relay cable and relay board to send a ground signal from pin 6 of the relay board (jp-1) to the ground of my electric fan relay.

When using the stim or when I have my laptop hooked up in the car it shows that the "port" is on when the fan conditions are met and the color changes to red in the lower right hand corner of megatune. Everything seems to work but I can't get the ground signal from pin 6. If I ground the fan relay wire that I have going to pin 6 the fan works no problem.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what else needs to be done to make this work. I looked it up and it seems that pin 30 on the db37 sends the signal to the relay board. Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks, Chuck

Q: What is the "G and V" jumper pads on the PCB?

A: If you look at the schematic, you will see that the fast-idle relay contact can be jumpered to either supply +12V when the relay is closed, or supply gound when the relay is closed. These are the jumper pads for this. If you want the relay to provide +12V when it closes (i.e. the fast idle solenoid is grounded on the other end), then put a jumper between the "V" and center terminals - look at the photo link above to see this. If you want the relay to provide ground when closed, then place the jumper from the "G" terminal to the center one. This is the only jumper on the board.

That took forever to find but it's in the archives now. Will test it out tomorrow