HybridZ

Quick and easy question, replacing thermotime switch/head temp sensor.

76Datsun280z

I am going to be replacing my head temperature sensor and my thermotime switch and I was curious when I take these out if I am going to loose my coolent? I assume I would since they are in the the t-stat housing, but wanted to confirm that. sorry for dumb question.

If I'm not mistaken, yes you will have coolant coming out. I usually hear it's good to do just do a coolant flush while you're changing those sensors. Top it off with the fresh stuff. If I were you, just as a precaution you should relase the pressure (if any) in the coolant system, perhaps remove the radiator cap, etc...

I'm actually about to do the same sensor replacements as you, within the next month. Just curious, why are you changing the sensors? To cure a problem of some sort?

BTW, where are you buying your head temp switch and thermotime? (I'm looking around to buy them as well, that's why)

If I'm not mistaken, yes you will have coolant coming out. I usually hear it's good to do just do a coolant flush while you're changing those sensors. Top it off with the fresh stuff. If I were you, just as a precaution you should relase the pressure (if any) in the coolant system, perhaps remove the radiator cap, etc...

I'm actually about to do the same sensor replacements as you, within the next month. Just curious, why are you changing the sensors? To cure a problem of some sort?

BTW, where are you buying your head temp switch and thermotime? (I'm looking around to buy them as well, that's why)

Thanks, I'll probably even put a new 180 degree thermostat in it too as I think it might have a 160. I'm replacing the thermotime switch because it quit a couple weeks ago and is not sending any signal to the cold start valve and I thought I'd replace the head temperature sensor as long as I was going to be in there any way. I bought the parts from Courtesy Nissan.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/secondtier_s30.html