HybridZ

Just got my LS6 Back

After having my 77' Datsun for about 3 years now, and going through 3 different motor choices i finally settled on some kind of LSX. My first choice was chevy 350, nothing crazy, after that i bought a 385 C.I. SBC. Decided to that i liked the LS1 and bought a short block. I scrounged for parts for about 4 months before deciding i would just sell what the parts i had and buy a complete engine. The local LSX shop new i had been looking and called me when a low mileage LS6 came into their shop. It was from a 2003 Vette, and had 30k on it. So i bought it, and spent the last 2 months getting the parts for it and finally its home in the garage.

Specs:

2003 Corvette LS6

346 C.I.

Stock Bottom end- new rings and bearings

Fly cut pistons

Stage 2 ported and polished heads, angled milled .030

Manley Valves 2.02 intake, 1.60 Exhaust

Crane dual springs, good for .650 lift

titanium locks, and retainers

Cometic Head Gaskets (Nitrous in the future(

hardened pushrods

Comp R LSX Lifters

Crane Gold race Aluminum Roller Rockers

RPM 5 cam 234/244 duration cam

FAST 90mm intake

Fast 90mm T/B ( Not on in pictures because i decided to go cable instead of keeping the stock electronic set up)

9786981e8786.jpg

pan063.jpg

pan064.jpg

Just wanted to thank everyone who posts, ive read alot of info on here the past couple of years, and know i will be reading more when i get my car back from the body shop. Ill keep you guys updated.

damn... that is gonna be sick! Good luck! What are you going to use for a tranny and rear end? What about shoes? Whats gonna keep that power to the ground?

T56 is going behind the motor, steel 1-2 and 2-3 shift forks, nothing crazy yet and pro 5.0 shifter. Spec 3+ clutch, preussure plate, and spec steel flywheel. Ive had an R-230 for a while just waiting until i have the money to buy all the modern motorsports rearend swap so i can do it and their lower control arms at the same time. My buddy works at a machine shop so ill probably have him make me a mustache bar, iver been waiting for someone to come out with one but as far as i know everyone is just re-drilling their stock mustache bars. Mines old as balls and with 400+ hp before nitrous i want something thats not going to break. I havent decided if i want to mess with piecing together a brake kit, but i like AZC's big break kit and coilover set up, just kinda pricey, but you get what you pay for i guess. Im probably going to run drag radials out back all the time, id hate to be driving on street tires and not get to play with random t/a's and vettes that pull up because i have no traction, but im leaving all that for next year. I just want to have the drivetrain in and have it running by the end of the year. I can work on the rest later. Ill try and keep you guys updated as this stuff gets done, with pics/vids.

I emailed him about that whole setup, he has the mustache bars for r-200's but he said the r-230 mustache bars were still in the works. That was about 3 months ago and i havent heard anything from him about them having them ready. I am however going to order the brace set regardless of whether he has the mustached bar. Have any of you guys heard if he has the r-230 MB's ready yet?