HybridZ

Am I running out of injector?

olie05

Heres a little datalog from tuning today,

27901354073.jpg

I'm going lean right at 4500 rpm and I have tried raising the VE by as much as 10% of what it was was before with no improvement. You can see from the graph that PW is at 19.5ms when it goes lean.

My injectors are the stock 280z injectors, 180cc/min, on a 10:1 cr engine with a cam, header, exhaust. Have I reached the limit of my stock injectors?

-Oliver

The duty cycle shows a max of 89 though, which is not maxing out the injectors, but at the same time I think it's best if you keep them under 80%.

Have you checked your fuel filter/lines to see if they are clogged? We thought my friend's 280z was running out of injector but it was clogged fuel filters (2, one before the rail, and the other before the pump).

Mario

At 4500 rpm, the engine takes ~13 msec for 1 revolution, or ~26 msec per complete combustion cycle. I'm guessing that you may be running out of time to get enough fuel delivered with those injectors, even though the graph says your PW is only 19.5. This assumes you are running 1 squirt and simultaneous firing. Plus, at the top of your rev range, your duty cycle is 99%. I think you're right - you need to go bigger.