HybridZ

launch control spark cut/trans brake

mobythevan

I have never used a trans brake or 2 step so I need a little help. Actually I need help on how to set up the spark cut for the launch control. This is my RX7 with 5.3 V8 wasted spark. I read the very short instructions on hard rev limit spark cut in the msns_extra manual, but will there example setting of cutting 3 sparks from 10 work for me on the V8?. I am lost on how much spark to cut when revving against the trans brake.

I am also going to want to spool the turbo, will this happen with spark cut, or do I just need to use soft timing retard?

This is an area that I can see myself setting it up wrong and melting down at the line.

Those settings didn't work for my friend's 280zT.

We had to mess with it for quite a while, we need to retard the timing a lot more as we aren't there on the fireball's yet (hahaha), but it builds 10-12 PSI depending on where we push the button (we're using the variable 2 step function).

We had to mess with the spark cuts, some weren't aggressive enough and the engine would "overcome" the rev limit, others were way too strong and the rpms would drop too much and not build much boost.

Anyways, it's scary how the car launches at 10psi, we need to mess with it some more to get it to launch at the full 15psi. With a terrible (and I mean terribly worn and dying) BW T5, the car ran a 13.3 on crappy suspension and street tires. This was in 2 runs, never running the car before then at the strip.

Mario