HybridZ

Parts Library

wonderllama

I had an idea about creating a library of dimensional drawings of fabricated parts for the Z. For Instance, drawings that show overall and hole dimensions for adjustable control arms, rear disc brake caliper brackets, etc. I did a search on this, and could not find anything similar, even though there are some people that have posted drawings for several items.

First and foremost, I understand that many on this forum might make their livings (or at the very least some extra cash) making and selling some of these aforementioned fabricated parts. However, I believe that anyone capable of using a drawing to fabricate a part would probably make it anyway, not purchase it. We’d just be saving them the time it takes to measure and document the part.

I’d even offer my services to anyone that has only a “napkin scratch†drawing; as I could re-draw it in Solidworks and post it here in the correct format.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have the ability to draft in cad at my house.

I think this is a great idea not only to be able to customize the old parts but making new parts as well.

I created another post around this issue that I'm abandoning for this, for this is a lot simpler to explain. No testing issues here please.