HybridZ

Back-halveing a 240z purposely for drag

a ladder bar is the easiest to install and set up, due to not many adjustments. but down fall is most kits the bars are 33" long. and with shorter bars will make it hit the tires harder. i pretty much am sitting on top of mine and had to c-notch the tunnel (which the bars run thru the floor) and the seat so get me back in the car. if i was going to do it again i think i would go with a 4-link just to save some room. i'm sure you could shorted the bars for the 4-link and keep them behind the seat.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have a extra mail carrier jeep rearend. bolts directly under no narrowing just add ladder bars. it's a dana 44. holds up under mine to 1.27 60's.

Do you happen to know what year and model you got yours out of? I am looking into a solid axle swap, either an 8.8 or maybe what you ended up doing.

Did the ladder bars cause any issues with clearances underneath, seating, etc..

The last 3 trips to the track have ended with snapped stub axles, not one pass on the bottle even. snapped on motor passes, last one snapped as soon as I hit the juice rolling out 2 cars. Heck the car is no monster, it's a 10 second car on motor.

When you say it the mail carrier dana 44 rear end fits underneath the Z with no shortening, etc. I was wondering if the housing/case is cast and if so how can you weld on it without weakening it tremendously?

Are you running the stock axles or have you upgraded, also are you using a locker, spool or hylical?

Also if you wouldn't mind, do you have any pictures of the underside of your Z, I would like to see how your set up looks if you do not mind. Did you do a mini tub or leave it stock?

I would like to keep the floor boards in tact as I am 6' 2" and already have head room issues with a helmet on, I deleted the seat framing mounts and made my own up thus lowering the after market seat 2 more inches.

seat mounts are still in the car with stock seats. as you can see a little tunnel was built for the ladder bars and the tunnel clears the seat fine. pretty much all housings are cast everyone welds them up. the stock axles were redrilled for the original 4 lug bolt circle. i ran the stock chunk for about 6yrs before it gave out now i have a spool. the rear measures 43" from backing plate to backing plate.

justin, this was the first ladder bar set up i have done, and if i was to do it again i would not bring the tunles up as far as i did. the reason behind this is i had 5 adjustments and i made sure i had plenty of room for each one. now after having the car on the track/street i would never use the top 3 unless i wanted to enter a wheelie contest. so if i was to do it again you could easily do it without even having to come up as high as i did, more like Roller's car.