HybridZ

Back-halveing a 240z purposely for drag

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you know Chris White aka WhiteBoy over in Ft. Worth? I think he bought Jason D.'s old silver Z a few years ago but has since sold it to his brother or cousin in Tenessee.

yeah i know him. yes he sold jasons old sivler z and now is beatting up people on the street with from what i have heard is a tube chassi z with a 400+ sbc

yeah i know him. yes he sold jasons old sivler z and now is beatting up people on the street with from what i have heard is a tube chassi z with a 400+ sbc

Correct, it's a black tube chassis 240Z with a old school 400 sbc. Where do you do most of your racing? I was just wondering because I have not seen your Z at the track.

I would really like to sneak a peak under your car sometime, I really am going to have to do a solid swap like it or not as it will not hold up to the abuse. I am running the r200 LSD clutch type diiferential with added clutches, CV axle conversion, billet stub adapters and 280z stub axles.

I snap the axles right at the axle turn down to the spline area. Do you know anyone who can do a solid axle swap, anyone you would recommend? I can do alot of things but believe that maybe more than I can realistically handle.

Thanks,

Mike

i run my car at yellow belly, kennedale, and denton. i'm sure a buddy of mine could do it for ya. yeah we will have to meet up so you can take a look at it.

i will talk to him and see if he could help you out. He did most of my work on my car for me. I couldn't have done it with out the help of my friends.

What are you going to use for stub axles, I snap them like pretzels and thats launching on the motor and my 383 only makes 400 rwhp and 400 rwtq thru a 700r4 transmission.

I have a NOS big shot kit on her and am currently hitting it with a 150 or 180 pill, out of the hole you can forget it. I usually hit it in 2nd gear and run 6.50's at 108. If I could really hit it out of the hole I could run low, low 6's. With the new AFR 210 Eliminator heads and cam swap I have yet to see what it will do now but can't wait. Maybe 5's are in my future after the solid axle swap.

Either way, good luck with your set up! Keep us posted on your progress.