HybridZ

PDK front tower brace clearance

Help me out guys. I've read many posts from the archives but I can't find a measurement.

If you have a PDK 8 point front tower brace on your car, either bolt-on or a weld-on version, could you please measure the distance from the top of the frame rails to the bottom of the main crossbar please?

PDK offers this brace with either a curved crossbar to clear the stock l6 valve cover, or with a straight bar for V8's that passes in front of a standard, round, carborator air cleaner. Please let me know which type you have.

Since I have a tpi motor in my car I can't be sure, without your help, if the straight bar will clear my plenum.

I spoke with Mark at PDK today but he didn't have these measurements and he didn't have a Z there that he could check it with.

Thanks for your help guys.

Dan

Dan,

I have the PDK strut tower braces on the front and rear of my 1977 280Z turbo. The measurement that you need is 17" from the top of the frame rails to the bottom strut tower brace at the bend.

Here is an old picture of mine installed:

DSCN1250Large.jpg

Hope this helps.

HB280ZT