HybridZ

Auto - Manual Conversion

philfree

Hi

I only just brought my s130 last week. Which is a 1979 na 280zx 2+2 auto i have come across a 2.4e 5 speed manual skyline which i think is 1985 (will be checking in the next few days) my question is how much work is it to fit the gearbox into my 280zx.

That is all the information i have on the skyline please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Any help much appreciated

i've done a auto-manual swap before, but i used an L-series gearbox from a 240z, but... you wanna use the skyline manual and that i'm sure will not just bolt up to the L-series engine you have without an adapter i would imagine.

but if it does work you will need these:

-custom driveshaft

-custom gearbox mount

-manual brake pedal assembly

-flywheel, clutch, pressure plate (assuming you can use a stock 280zx flywheel)

-clutch master, and slave cylinder, with lines

-etc...

Hi

Thank you for your help

I don't know how many skylines came out with the l24 but this skyline did i double checked the year and it's a 1982 with l24e motor i already have the alternator off of this car to replace the one on my 280zx. having said that would i still need a custom drive shaft and custom mounts?

Sorry i didn't mention/ make it clearer in the first post

Thanks any help appreciated

Hi

sorry for the late reply i was away for a few days. I don't know about the input flanges. But i have been down and seen the guy (it's at the local wrecker) and he will sell me the whole car minus alternator, front wheels, and front bumper for $200AUD so ill more or less have the whole car. So now i can get the whole car what i would like to know do i need anything else will all the parts form this car be enough to convert my 280zx to manual?

Thanks for the help

Much appreciated