HybridZ

EFI or Carb / what about driveline

Guest Mr G

Newbie here. I hope I am not asking the same old questions again, but I have not found anything yet.

I just installed a SBF in an early 260 using Capt. Zorro type mounts. It went perfect. Does anybody know how well the 5.0 EFI set up will fit under the hood, how much mods, has it been done?

I have everything for the 5.0 out of a donor car including harness etc. If not I'll yank all the EFI and go with a CARB.

Any input on driveline. I used a C4? I teach H.S. auto shop and have all equipment including a complete machine shop, however I am not a machinist, just have the equipment, I know what a waste, but I'm not going to complain. Will the datsun u-joints handle a mild 5.0/302?

• 1 month later...

I have a 5.0 in my 240 at the moment and the stock manifold was higher then my carb setup. It all depends on what crossmember or how you mount your motor. the crossmembers i make are almost identical to Z8s but alot thicker and more bracing. My setup sits very low so the EFI maifold had some room. I would go for carb setup for less headache, but a clean EFI setup is great too!!!