HybridZ

Msns? Am I Thinking Right?

driftz240

OK, im about to buy a ms computer for my 82 l28et, im running stock injectors with a 82 dizzy.and plan on running gm iat, coolant temp, 4 pin hei mod, stock one wire o2. 240sx tb with tps.

I am planning on buying a ms1 with msns extra. I have been resurching and been very confused, and i am looking for the so called tride and true route,

question 1 . will the ms1 work for my needs , Im planning on buying the complete ms1 loaded with msns extra, is this the right route?

question 2. I know I have to put in a few resistors in the injector wires to run the low imp injectors and a step upwith gm hei4 to drive the coil, is there any other mods to the board itself i should have to have done while ordering.

question 3. is there anything i will need with the ms1 , i plan on getting the universal 12' wiring harness and the tuning cable, anything else to get?

ive been doing some resurch on this and it seems more confusing every artical i read

ive read the tech write ups and all seemed to be dealing with internal workings of the board,

my buddy did msns on his l28et and made it sound so simple, and advised me to get a complete board, ms1 or 2 will work fine, and says its all in the software your going to run, is this true, his z runs excellent and he says people make it out to be way more complicated than it really is..

is this the case?

i am ready to order what i need, and would like to do it as easy and inexpencive as possible, and i like to keep things very simple.

i got 2.2

it just came in today with the harness.

i got the run down from a buddy who has a z and another friend with itb's on an ae86, both tell me im over thinking, and both say how great and easy megasquirt is, and that reading all the different ways people find to hook it up is just going to confuse you more. well thats what i think is happening, i look at the wiring diagrams and it looks very simple. but i hear all the horror stories of guys who have been toying for 6 to 8 months and no luck. just the pre project jitters i guess. im starting install this week, so im hoping it should be running enuff to take it to a dyno this weekend and tune it out right.

but im sure ill be back on here all week asking all sorts of stupid questions.