HybridZ

strange clutch/slave cylinder problem

240zwannabe

alright, i'm no hydraulic guru so somebody please help. through a search i also came up with so similar symptoms.

alright so my m/c, slave cylinder, stainless steel clutch line, clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing are all new, the only original part in the clutch system in the hard line. now, i have the clutch bled all the way out, i have pedal pressure but not until almost all the way to the floor. if i put the car in gear and try to start it the car move forward, so it's obvious it's not disengaging all the way. what could be the cause of this?

the three things that come to mind first are:

your clutch isn't bled all the way out.

your hydraulic system has air in it

there is some amount of air in your system.

I've replaced the same sh*tty schucks slave cyl, not kidding or exaggerating, at all, 6 times in the last year. on the side of the road. i can be in and out of a schucks in 7 minutes, carrying the cyl, some beef jerky, and all the tools required to change the slave cyl. and then i can replace the cyl and bleed the system by myself in another 7 minutes, once i walk back to my car.

everytime what you are describing to me has happened, i've easily fixed it with a little more bleeding.

describe the process you're using to bleed. do you use a handpump? another person? another person and a handpump?

do you close the valve as the handpump continues to pull fluid? do you close the valve as the other person continues to push the pedal (meaning it's not to the floor yet)? Do you open the valve once the pedal is all the way back to the top?

sorry, i'm pretty good at being vague about things.

lets try this again, first i use the mitty vac hand pump to get the air out. then i have another person pump the clutch 5-10 times and stomp on it as i open up the bleed valve to be sure the mitty vac hasn't failed me.