HybridZ

71 240z LS1 Single turbo make over (marcus old z)

Well I finally went and took some pics of the progress. I pulled the old 355 and the T56 trans. Swapped it with a 99 LS1 out of a TA and used the LS1 trans. Ordered the Mod motorsports billet steel 280zxt adapters and the billet steel 280 stubs which all is being installed now. Then went with a T72 Turbonetics BB turbo with a 40mm turbonetics newgen wastgate. Intercooler is an ebay special 4" thick. Plans to get a little over 500whp and run drag radials only. I will be ordering some suspension stuff from mod motorsports soon. Here is jsut a few pics I will get more soon. Sorry pics are from camera phone...

attachment.php?attachmentid=4738&stc=1&d=1200011285

attachment.php?attachmentid=4739&stc=1&d=1200011285

attachment.php?attachmentid=4740&stc=1&d=1200011285

IMG00019_thumb.jpg

IMG00018_thumb.jpg

IMG00016_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
The car has been done for a few months now. Best pass was 10.85 at 130 on 8lbs on 11.0 a/f. Waiting for next year to go to 13lbs and retune. I will get better pics when it warms up.

DSC00405.JPG

Unfrikken believable! I love this engine bay shot and those times, woohoo! :2thumbs: This is almost what I want to do. The work done looks awesome and so does the body & paint, but why the new color? Glad to see a real Z fanatic get a hold of Marcus' car.

Davy

The paint was in bad shape. It was cracking on all the bondo spots and some body work was needed. The color now looks awesome in person. And the times were set on d/r's waiting to put the slicks on and still using the 6spd trans which could use a rebuild. Im already cutting 1.50 60's.

• 1 month later...