HybridZ

max rear tire width using California Z fenders

Looking at the link of the car on ebay

ebay z

This got me to thinking again. Using these California Z rear fenders and coilovers, what tire width would fit? Assuming that the fender well is cut out so the only restriction is the coilover and the fiberglass fender. Also, using 15" tire size. I did a search but didn't see much info. Looks like 10" would fit for sure. What about 12", has anyone measured this that is using these fenders? I have a set of these fenders, but it will be end of summer or next winter before I have coilovers on and start fitting up the fenders. They are stuffed in the attic of my garage right now. Just thought I might get lucky and someone has measured this setup.

Guest Anonymous

Re-edit The FatBoy has some 10 inch wide wheels with a 3 1/2 inch Back Space with 295X15 50 tires I trial fitted some Jim Cook Racing flares with the 2 front vents and the long rear vent (California Z ?) onto the chassis and they just fit. I would imagine a 4 3/4 inch backspace would just clear the coilovers with less than a 1/4 inch clearance. You could probably mount a 12 inch tire and come out clear on coilovers and fende Re-edit O lloked at the ebay car and those flares are different than mine in that the flare openings are flared and have lips

Yes, the front fenders on the ebay car are different than mine also. I have the type that square back to the body right in front of the doors. Like This:

JuJu

I was curious if 12" wide would fit in the rear. Looks like I would have to upgrade to 5 lug for 12" wide wheels. I would like to run 12" in the back and 10" or 8" in the front. Thanks for the info.