HybridZ

Source for brake pads

Guest zthang43

Guest zthang43

I'm trying to find a good source for brake pads (performance stuff). I'm thinking of going with EBC green for the front. Anybody used these? EBC doesn't make shoes for the rear of the Z, as far as I can tell. What's a good shoe for the rear?

Performance how so? For street/strip use or die hard road racing....I've got quite a variety, just KVR's on my site at present. They're a great street/autox pad with great stopping power than only increases if you take 'em hotter on the street.....and very friendly rotor wear. I went thru at least 3 other pads years back that just trashed rotor after rotor and now I'm hooked on the KVR's so distribute them as well.

No idea on rears.....only removed drums/never set them up.

You could call Larry at Carbotech (http://www.carbotecheng.com). Tell him your intended usage and he'll recommend a compound. He carries Hawk and his own line of Panther compounds. I'm using Panther XPs for my track/street car. I believe he'll make shoes for you, too (I've got rear discs now). I used to always use Nissan shoes back when they had asbestos (NLA, I think), and they worked fine on the track, believe it or not.