HybridZ

Alex's 1978 280z project aka evolutionZ

LeX

After having a 75 280z with rb20det and having to sell it due to financial reasons, I had to eventually make it back into the Z game. the first Z car needed help with the motor that I never was able to solve with the time I had. As well as not running right it needed body repairs and paint = $$$

2hfubms.jpg

2r2vsww.jpg

===========================

and then the current 280Z. I finally got it into the shop and it's getting rust repairs and paint

(this whole project is on a tiny budget, so i'm waiting to see how it turns out. The car still has the battery tray area totally gone so that needs new metal, as well as minor aches and pains on the underbody, but otherwise it will be totally solid and with a new paint job (R33 skyline dark gray pearl)

52hngz.jpg

28wc46g.jpg

2efust5.jpg

350madc.jpg

l_61adf21a5b9505ba2c11a0377ac3dcf6.jpg

KSU-10-28-07_011.jpg

well thanks for stopping by. In the works for the Z is a turbo kit (i already have most of the parts, just not most of the money)

Will post pics of the Z when it's painted and fixed up, due by late this month

• 2 weeks later...

car came out of the paint shop today! for what I paid for EVERYTHING it looks fantastic. It's not perfect and i still have paint/body things to do myself but overall they did a good job and didn't cost me much at all in the long run. Just need to take it back to fix a few small things. Will post pics when I can get a camera

bear in mind i have tons of hail damage on the car LOL so i couldnt afford to get that all fixed, you can see lots of the dings with the new paint job, but i love the paint it's fantastic... Car was in shop for paint, left and right rocker repairs, front of hood repair, repair of rear dent and quarter panel

Turbo build is coming along nicely. Here's what I have so far

Holset He351 turbo with holset turbo elbow. I need to bore out the wastegate and adjust down the actuator hopefully so I can boost 15-17psi without issue

RB20det fuel pump, came off my old RB car. I'm hoping it will be good enough. Will wait and see.

3" exhaust, need to mate it up to a downpipe which I need to buy

FMIC 32x12x3 (think core is 24 long)

450cc toyota supra turbo injectors from a 7MGTE car (denso)

Pallnet fuel rail

1g eclipse turbo blowoff valve. WIll prob weld it to a piece of pipe or something basic as a mount.

I'm sure i'm forgetting things. I need to get lines and fittings for the turbo as well as piping for the induction system as well as a downpipe. And of course I need to get megasquirt. Hopefully this can get done within the next coupe of months!