HybridZ

Primary and secondary injectors

zane9000

I'm going to be running a megasquirt with dual throttle bodies with throttle body injection. I was wondering what peoples opinions were about running 2 injectors (primaries) per throttle body for low load situations and having a third (secondary) injector kick in for high load situations. I have seen this concept applied to rotary cars and was just wondering if it would be worth experimenting with.

Using the Staged Injector function of Megasquirt works really well for situations where you need big injector flow at the high end of your load profile, but want good idle/low speed running characteristics.

As a side note, It is possible to get good low speed running with the Megasquirt running pretty large injectors unstaged - I've gotten good results using a single set of 75 pounders on an L6. How big do you need to go?

I really dont need to go that big. But I was just curious about the benefits ifI goto larger injectors. I was thinking I may eventually put one 440cc per throttle body for normal use then have a 1000cc switch on for high load situations... but that will be in the future.