HybridZ

Wiring electric mirrors w/ 280zx switches

Hi all,

I have a '78 Datsun Skyline. In Japan this model came out with electric fender mounted mirrors, but here in Australia they came with ugly, non-electric door mirrors. I found a set of the JDM electric mirrors, and was told to use the mirror control switches found the in 280zx, as they are supposedly identical.

However the mirrors have four wires hanging from them: white, white, green and blue. Whereas the switches have five wires each: The left plug has black and four yellow wires (yellow/red, yellow/black, yellow and yellow/green). The right plug has black, yellow/green, blue/red, blue/black and blue/grey.

I don't have a wiring guide for the 280zx, so if someone can shed some light on where the wires are supposed to go that would be great. Which wire gives me left/right and up/down I can work out with trial and error, but I'd at least like to know which wire supplies power before I start a bench test.

Cheers,

Drew