HybridZ

diff cooler

Guest scca

someone was asking re a diff cooler....so heres the lowdown. same goes for tranny coolers on Manual trans.

ONLY if its a LSD clutch type unit and then only for racing IMO. you will need a TILTON or = pump. and a small cooler. the pump must be intended to pump really hot thick crap so not some little puny cheapo pump.

the tilton pump is $200 or so not cheap by any means. i dont think you could get it hot enough on the street to get the pump to work .

------------------

Mike

http://www.fonebooth.com

raceparts and brakeupgrades

There are several differnt types of 12v pumps. I am unfamiliar with the Moroso. Most of the ones I saw a as Scrutineer in SF region were brass rotary vane type with AN fittings. Mostly vane puppy or equilivant. Look at industiral supply houses they will have to order the 12v, may be cheeper. If you are looking for a clean install look at some of the Porsche 935 install's. They have a gear driven pump off the ring gear that spray's lubricant at each gear face in the transaxle. Really inventive way to keep the trans cool.