HybridZ

A T5 that can handle 450 FT LBS. Torgue!

Z-Dreamer

For those who wished they could use a T5, but need something stronger, Medatronics Corp. has developed a WC T5 that can handle up to 450 FT LBS. of TORQUE! For more info, go to www.5speeds.com/racing/jt5rc.html

P.S. A WCT5 is about 50 LBS. lighter than a T-56.

Mark

------------------

[This message has been edited by Z-Dreamer (edited October 15, 2000).]

Guest Anonymous

After reading this post I became VERY interested in this transmission. I contacted the folks down at 5Speeds.com and requested they contact me at their earliest convenience as I need to make a decision today regarding my transmission.

I had an e-mail when I woke up this morning!!! The straight cut gear conversion is $2,7000 and they do NOT advise use in a street car.

Too far out of my price range but what great people down there in Florida!! They addressed and answered each question I had and I did not send the e-mail until around 1100pm.

If any of you guys have questions regarding T5s they have a T5 Forum on their website!!

Chris

Bob Hanlon does a similiar conversion with straight cut gears to the T5. He also says it's a no-go on a street car as it'll shift if you so much as sneeze on the shifter. He does work to the faces of th egears to do this and has to do a bit of welding as well as remove every other tooth on the synchros (if memory serves). He races what he sells and wins quite a bit, he also does custom work on the Tremec transmissions but I'm not sure he's fooled with the T56 yet. He stripped and diagnosed my Tremec 5speed in nothing flat - it was amazing to watch. If you are looking to beef a T5 and these guys are too expensive consider giving Bob a call. I ASSume he works on GM T5s as well as he does Ford T5s and he could probably trick out a Nissan spec T5 too. I've posted his URL he before and am too lazy to look it up but if you need it lemme' know and I'll dig up a Ford rag. He really impressed me! (shrug)

Guest Anonymous

Another problem with the straight cut gears for street is the noise. Unless you fancy hearing the gears of your transmission over your radio it probably isn't a good idea...

Lone

I"m surprised noones commented on the lack of decent gear ratios in that 450/5spd setup for any decent powered (and if you're not decently powered you're not looking for a strong tranny) 350Z (1.0 4th and .89 5th or similar AIR). We need close ratio 5 spds like a hole in the head. You can get a realy good T56 with same dough and have function. I never looked past the ratios and saw no info on other ratios offered.

The link to Medatronics Corp also mentioned a street version of this transmission made with the same alloy, but are helical cut for a quieter gear. P.S. I only posted this to show that a T-5 could be used for "HIGH-HP" applications and where weight is also a concern.

Mark