HybridZ

msd help!!!

Well, I have been trying to find out how to wire up the msd 6al to my 240z and I am having problems. I have been searching threads and no luck there all turbo, I can't find any that have the same set-up as me if someone can help please do. I have a turbo dizzy (dont know what year.) accel super coil and many other mods carbs ect... but the coil has the stock wiring and the newer dizzy runs into the harness and into the coil. This is where I draw a blank, do I run the msd into the ignition box on the dizzy or strait to the dizzy it self? Can anyone help?

from what i've found, you just pull that ignition box off your dizzy, and hook the wires from the MSD (purple green) to the red and green on the dizzy (green to green, purple to red) if your car's carbed i think that's all you need to do besides hook up your coil and tach. If you have an old style tach it won't work though i don't think.

well I wired in the msd and had no spark at all. Here is what I did, I took off the ignition box off the dizzy and run the mag pick up from the msd. purple and green to the red and green on the dizzy.(purple to red and green to green) for the coil I ran the orange to the + side and black to the - side of the coil. the big red wire to battery + and the big black wire to -. o and the 12v red wire to the positive side of the coil ans that didnt work. I also tryed putting the 12v on the + side of the battery and still didnt work. and the only original wires that i take off of the coil went to the igition box on the dizzy.

I also have a dual points dizzy but i dont want to use it I.