HybridZ

Help trying to eliminate air in radiator

Well my thermostat " electronic" unit will spike sometimes ill be sitting at a light hovering at about 180 degrees then it slams its self to 220 degrees and stays there untill i get moving .

The car never boils over i have a thermostat a laser pointed one and the outlet temp on the upper hose " i have those chrome flex hoses " reads 175-180 and the inlet hose same style reads 75-85 degrees . Oh this is a v8 conversion .

I cant for the life of me figure out where to put a in line filler neck " any pics would be a great help . My highest point on the radiator hose is roughly 7 inches higher then the filler cap on the radiator as i keep the radiator just low enough to not hit the hood when closed .

I know a inline filler would help but i just cant picture it in my head as where to put it i have a supercharger and a watter neck that moves the hose towards the drivers side cylinder head about 2 inches and the kneck points straight up .

I can add pics as soon as i find my camera

Jason

Here's an example:

pic_032S.jpg

This is the Moroso piece. Another good idea is to drilll a 1/8" hole in the flange of the thermostat so air will bleed thru when the thermostat is closed. That helps eliminate a trapped bubble when you're filling the system.

jt

Ah yes ive drilled a hole in the t stat to help with that problem . Ive found my camera pics will be posted shortly

Jason

Well the camera doesnt work go figure but as in the pic above i guess ill get rid of the hose i have now the chrome flex hose and see what i can find in rubber to add a filler neck seems like the best option .