HybridZ

Engine block codes L series

bianski

Ive searched for days and i dont know if i havent been putting in the right key words but i cannot find any Block codes for L series engines for wich is wich and the threads i did get had websites to go to to explain things then the link didnt work properly can i pls get some help here guys

• 3 months later...
Guest imperial562@yahoo.com

is there a way to just look at the motor and tell if its a real factory '81+ l28et and not a factory '75-'80 l28e w/ a turbo slapped on it. w/o looking at the block code (where ever it's located).

If you follow the link that JSM gave you it would handily tell you where the block's casting code is. Do you have any reason why you want the '81-'83 F-54 block vs. the '75-'80 block? There seem to be many opinions on strength one vs. the other as well as the siameseing of cylinder walls, but in my mind either should do. In fact, 1fastZ uses the earlier blocks for his turbo and stroker motors because he has found the cylinder walls to be thicker doing his own research.