HybridZ

300zx turbo- lsd or not

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i found a 300zx turbo 84 model this weekend but they sat it on the ground with tires. i couldn't turn the hubs or get under it to take the cover off to tell if it was clutch lsd or not. could this be a clutch lsd or could it also be a viscious. i know everyone was telling me 86-89 clutch lsd but i was wondering since this was a turbo.

sorry for so many questions about these cars but i am still in the learning phase of the different changable parts for these types of cars. if it was ford or chevy then ask away and i will help as much as possible.

so any insite would help. later, chris

Just to be clear(er)... If it's an 84 I'm pretty sure it's just an R200. If it's got a finned cover and the wheels both turn the same direction at once THEN get excited smile.gif I called all over the place around here trying to find a clutch LSD with no luck. One of the other members here had a spare and I got it for the going rate out on the 'net. Same with the back brace I'm using to keep the aluminum finned cover. You might want this so hunt around here for it - the cover looks pretty cool even with a fin or two snapped off smile.gif Don't suppose anyone has a cover in even better shape they'd like to get rid of? (grin)