HybridZ

LSx Oil Pans

Scottie,

How are you doing? Thanks for the post. I wish I have this info couple years ago. I used the C5 oil pan and I had to cut up the wings. I could have bought the LS2 oil pan and resell the C5 oil pan. Oh well I still have to spend the money to get the LS2 oil pan.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators

Anyone have a GTO front sump pan they want to part with for a small fee, even if temporary? please.gif

Even a busted/cracked front sump GTO pan for cheap would be fine. I’m in the process of mocking up an LM7 5.3 and 2000 LS1 in the Z-32. Trouble with the Z-32 is the rack is attached to the back side of the cross member and the cross member is way rearward in the engine bay, making it difficult to hybrid these cars for pretty much any engine with a typical rear sump pan. The firewall must be cut, something I would like to avoid at all costs, even if the engine is a couple inches further forward, that is a compromise I'm willing to live with to not have to remove my dash, climate control, all the cars control goodies, revamp all that stuff so it all still works after cutting into the firewall, etc. i.e. No cutta da firewalla… wink.gif The LM7 pan "might" fit behind the rack, but is too deep, approx 3" too deep. If shortened, I'm afraid it looses a good portion of its volume.

Any how, this is why I would like to try the GTO front sump pan if somebody has one.

Contact via PM is preferred.

Thank you,

Paul

Anyone have a GTO front sump pan they want to part with for a small fee, even if temporary? please.gif

Even a busted/cracked front sump GTO pan for cheap would be fine. I’m in the process of mocking up an LM7 5.3 and 2000 LS1 in the Z-32. Trouble with the Z-32 is the rack is attached to the back side of the cross member and the cross member is way rearward in the engine bay, making it difficult to hybrid these cars for pretty much any engine with a typical rear sump pan. The firewall must be cut, something I would like to avoid at all costs, even if the engine is a couple inches further forward, that is a compromise I'm willing to live with to not have to remove my dash, climate control, all the cars control goodies, revamp all that stuff so it all still works after cutting into the firewall, etc. i.e. No cutta da firewalla… wink.gif The LM7 pan "might" fit behind the rack, but is too deep, approx 3" too deep. If shortened, I'm afraid it looses a good portion of its volume.

Any how, this is why I would like to try the GTO front sump pan if somebody has one.

Thank you,

Paul

I would give anything to drop my LS1 down into My Z32 W/O cutting the car.

• 2 months later...

Thank you,

Paul

Hello Paul,

I have one on my LS2 engine 2006 model that I am willing to trade for a rear sump model. Planning on install this engine is a 280Z and my rack in is the front. Pan is perfect, engine only had about 7,000 miles on it.

Thank you

• Administrators
Hello Paul,

I have one on my LS2 engine 2006 model that I am willing to trade for a rear sump model. Planning on install this engine is a 280Z and my rack in is the front. Pan is perfect, engine only had about 7,000 miles on it.

Thank you

Thank you for the offer. I am no longer in the market, recently picked one up from another member here.

You might try the NICo forum. I think the 240-SX guys use the GTO oil pan for the LSx conversions. I also recall something about the BMW 3 series LSx conversions using the GTO front sump pan as well.

Thank you again,

Paul

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators

New aftermarket cast aluminum oil pan on the market,

It’s called the LHX

This oil pan is cast at the same foundry that casts the LS9

It has 2in better ground clearance then a LH8 and has a total depth of 5.5In

5 quart oil capacity not including the filter.

Includes

Oil pan & Oil Pan Baffle

Custom Oil Pick Tube

Drain Plug, Oil Cooler Cover assembly and gasket

The pan uses the OEM LH8 windage tray, OEM LH8 filter and dipstick.

The pan is going to ship in 4-6 weeks times. The Pan has been through all the prototyping and has going into final production and is awaiting the final production run. The first batch is going to be only 50 units, so I’m taking pre-orders on this set up

The pan will clear the A-Body set up and will be the pan used in a new line of lsx swap kits and stainless headers currently in development that are going to be considerably more reasonably priced then what’s currently offered. Test fitting with early cast pans have been started. Some kits will retain OEM pans if possible but ground clearance issues are now a thing of the past in swaps that used the LH8. I will also be a sponsor on this site as of December and will have more technical and pricing upon that time..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cast-ls1-swap-conversion-oil-pan-lsx-l92-ls7-NEW-camaro_W0QQitemZ320447415312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9c278410#ht_500wt_1182

http://www.retrolsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111

Courtesy of retrolsx.com

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg