HybridZ

Chevy DriveShaft

Guest 1z2c

Will any automatic driveshaft fit a v8 swap.I am running a B&M turbo 350 trans with a 9 inch tail .The 280 i bought already had a chevy driveshaft that has been cut and balanced,but the person i bought the car from put the datson u-jounts back on the back of the chevy driveshaft.

So i orderd the flang adapter from JTR to convert it to chevy ujoints in the back.I am going to have another driveshaft cut.Is there a certain chevy driveshaft i need to look for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Guest needwaymorespeed

any chevy driveshaft will be longer than what youre z car needs even a corvette, theres basically only one thing to look for when on the prowl thats what input slip yoke they have

this is frome memory cars go like this

th 350,700,200,200r4 all have the same yoke a 27 spline

th 400 is a 31 spline

id personaly look for a thick driveline wouldnt have to worry about it twisting like

a 65-76 chevy buick olds cadilac full size with the th350 trans

or if you want real trick have a shop make you up a 3 in diameter aluminum shaft less weight equals more speed especially when its reciprocating and after the engine before the diferential

hope this helps

Curtis

I'm not an expert in this area, (great start ha?). But, I picked up an aluminum Corvette shaft at the bone yard cheap and had it cut and balanced for $130. This was cheaper than having a new one made, and had the advantage of having a dampener on the trany yoke. The drive line guy who did it used to make the drive shafts for Scarab in the '70's, and knows about V8 Z's. He said this is the best set-up.