HybridZ

T56 install question

BLKMGK

Uh boy, I might have screwed up! Lone mentioned that the bolts to hold the sheetmetal flywheel cover on were "weird" so I've ordered a set from the dealer. During my visit I got a peek at the exploded line drawing of the trans. Where exactly does that cover bolt up?! On the drawing it looked to be behind the flywheel but that doesn't make sense to me. Does it have to be bolted up before the trans and motor are bolted together? The drawing looked like it did - if so I'm hosed as my trans is IN the car with the motor and no cover (sob). I figured it would be like the cover used on auto transmissions and could be bolted on later. Did I screw up? Need to know ASAP before I bolt down the trans mounting....

Oh and naturally only one of the pigtails was in stock, no screws, and the parts cost me more than what everyone else is paying. It figures...

Okay, I looked closer and Lone was nice enough to send me a pic. Whew! It DOES bolt to the face of the trans behind the flywheel but it CAN be done after the trans is installed, in fact I think it has to be. I got up under there today and checked it out - whew! Think I've got my clutch fork finally right and just bench bled the slavemaster. I'll bolt that up later tonight maybe, already tapped a spare fitting that goes on the pedal. Will bolt the trans mount up tonight too.

[This message has been edited by BLKMGK (edited March 31, 2001).]