HybridZ

Greddy Profec A install

I just got my Greddy Profec A installed at it works a treat! I have seen some posts around saying there had been problems with this unit.

I have a dual port actuator which I set the base pressure at 7 psi. I connected the controller to it as you would an external wastegate (dip sw1 set for external)

I ran a vacuum hose from the manifold to the first port of the actuator (one nearest the front of the car) I ran the hose from the valve unit (port under the letter G of Greddy) to the other side of the actuator ( one nearest the wastegate lever). I connected the port from the valve unit (under the letter E of Greddy) to the boost port on the turbo and T'd the port on the valve unit ( under the letter Y ) into the hose that runs to my fuel pressure regulator (from the manifold).

After doing 2 pulls in 3rd gear the unit was ready to use, I set the bost level at 7 psi and it held all the way to 6k, then tried 10 psi and then 14 and it was rock steady. Seems like a good little unit which can be picked up for a good price off ebay.

like this but imagine the external is a dual port internal

profec2.pdf

• 9 months later...
Guest brett1991sx

ok i just bought my 1991 240sx i am interested in puting a turbo into it but keep the automatic transmission in for now do you know if that is possible and if it is what parts will i need to do so i have been racking my brain trying to figure this out any and all information you would have would be great thank you for your time

Brett l. Ross