HybridZ

Found a wrecked turboZX with CV-shafts

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The owner wanted 175 for the Diff and axles, I don't know if that is a good price or not. I considered buying it but my rebuild is too far off for me to put out much money right now. It is at "67 motors" on, you guessed it, highway 67 near Winston-Salem. I found there email address thru car-parts.com while looking for Jeep parts.

Just thought I would share. Oh, and the turbo is there too. The valve cover was removed and the cam is all rusted.

thats all, later.

The yard in Durham wanted $150 for just the shafts, but I managed to cajole them down to $125 for the shafts and the flanges (you have to have those) and the calipers too. I'd say that $175 for the works is a decent deal.

Are you planning to V8 at some point then? That 3.54 R200 from the turbo is a mighty tall gear otherwise.....

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, i thought the ratio would be too tall for me especially since I have an 81 non-T five speed in my 73 now. I figured some of the V-8 or turbo guys might be interested. I was hoping to do the turbo swap myself but I may have found a decent deal on a complete N/A zx. Just too much difference between my resources and desires.