HybridZ

Worthwhile putting in the R200 now

Guest Zpeed

Guest Zpeed

hi,

i got access to a r200 LSD diff with a 5speed gear box from a nissan silvia, which comes with the tailshaft and engine crossmember, this all for AU$700 with only 26,000kms i'm not sure if this is worth it, it would work out to be about US$350 or something

i'm asking this because i am putting a 351 into the little z within 2 years, with a T5

Guest lambsr

Depends...if your buying it for the LSD then you need to check whether its a clutch or viscous type (i'm not sure whether there are any external identifiers). Clutch type LSD's are getting hard to find and for this price, probably worth it. However viscous R200 LSD's are plentiful and can be had for around $500 (but note there is the extra expense of different halfshafts - I think this has been covered in other threads (??)).

Another thing to consider is ratio. As this is out of a Silvia, it's probably quite a short ratio (numerically high). Something of the order of 4.1 or even 4.4:1 (Jap domestic spec cars generally use quite short ratio diffs). Since your going to be dropping in a V8, I'd say you'd want to go for something taller (3.5/3.7). However, you could always swap the centre over to your present diff.........