HybridZ

New pics and a few questions....

Here's a few new pics that I snapped while working on the car. It's pretty dirty, haven't done any cleaning yet. It sure needs some work, she's idling at 1200-1300rpm when warm. The Idle adjustment screw is screwed in so that the spring is collapsed all the way. Either I have an air leak, or it's not the origional spring on the idle screw and it's just too far out. The connections on the coolant temp sensor don't seem to be hooked up right either. All that stuff is kind of a cluster f--k right now. For some reason one end of the temp sensor is plugged into the decelerator thing below the throttle body, I know that aint right. Can any one tell me, is the coolant sensor supposed to be plugged into the green wires or black? This is the stock 77 efi setup. What is the decel valve supposed to be plugged into? I have both the service and efi manuals and so far I haven't found any real info on this. Any help would be appreciated.

On a different note, I freakin love my Z!:mrgreen: I get so many people coming up and asking me about the car, it kinda blows my mind. It's a conversation piece wherever I go. Today I was cruising along and heard a few teenagers walking on the side of the road say "that thing is bad ass!" so I had to give em a little squirt in first so they could hear the pop off valve blow, then got some rubber in second. Fun!:burnout:I can't wait to get this thing dialed in! Do I really need a special tool to adjust the valves or does it just make it easier?

Apparently my camera is set to a little too high a resolution, so I couldn't post all of the pics I wanted. I'll figure out how to shrink them eventually, just not tonight...and how do I put them directly on the page instead of attatching them seperately? Yeah, I'm a nOOb....let the ribbing begin!

IMG_0014_thumb.JPG

IMG_0018_thumb.JPG

IMG_0015_thumb.JPG

IMG_0020_thumb.JPG

IMG_0021_thumb.JPG