HybridZ

Tach and electric Speedo for cheap question

AK-Z

As the title says, I need a tach and electric speedo that I can order online.

I converted my mechanical speedo gear on the tranny to a electric sender. I did this by taking the end of the speedo cable and leaving about 1/2" to an 1" of the cable on, then taking a "universal mechanical speedo cable kit" (I think it was GM) and just using the end piece I crimped it onto the nissan piece. then I used a 240sx sender.

i took off the C pin that holds the gear on the sender and took it off. When you take it off , you will see a 3" square pin the driver the sender from the gear. the I put the piece that hold the datsun cable in and screwed that back on the gear receiver and forced the SX sender into that piece, then epoxied.

Sorry I don't have pics, I'm in another country right now.

So I need a new electric speedo now. I would like one with matching tach for cheap. Any suggestions?

Good luck finding a cheap electric speedo. I am in need of one myself since I converted to the Z32 TT 5-speed. I keep hoping to find a used one on Ebay with a Buy It Now, but no luck so far.

Guest 73LT1Z

I used a Cobra reverse-wind electric speedometer and repainted the needle so it is similar to the stock tach. I don't have any pics on this computer & my other one is down right now.

Their webpage is here, it shows the one I have:

http://www.classicinstruments.com/index.aspx?documentID=electronicprogramma

I think they make a conventional (clockwise) model also. I think it was like $300.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I found a solution. I don't what to "not" use the stock dash, but if I must.

ACE-3994_400.jpg

SO I figure I'm going to have to build a custom dash. Who wants to by my stock one? :P

Banging on aluminum is going to be fun :P

I want a tach and speedo that matches.

Yes, I can use that in the stock dash, but then I have a 2 tachs or a big empty whole. Even though that one is a little over $200. And the Panel gauge, its easier to make speedo adjustments.

I want a tach and speedo that matches.

Yes, I can use that in the stock dash, but then I have a 2 tachs or a big empty whole. Even though that one is a little over $200. And the Panel gauge, its easier to make speedo adjustments.

you could always modify one of the pods to have something else in it. like modify 3 gauges to use a single face plate that they mount to.

• 1 year later...

I actually have the Acewell 3993b that you have pictured on my 84 Honda Nighthawk S. Never was much of a fan of digital tachs but didnt have much of a choice considering a used gauge cluster for the bike can go for $3-400 with gauges known to commit suicide or NOS gauges that are $500 each. But anyway it is a nice all in one unit that works quite well and is weather proof and easy to read and can display a bunch of diff parameters.