HybridZ

Driveshaft? Hydraulic Clutch?- What did you do?

Guest fordguy57

Guest fordguy57

Interested in hearing how many different approaches (successful and unsuccessful)

have been taken with respect to driveshaft

and also with hydraulic clutch linkage adapted to V8 & 4 speed. My engine is Corvette-spec 327 with Lakewood bellhousing and Ford wide-ratio toploader (though after reading some of your posts I wonder if I should use Ford OD toploader instead). I expect Datsun rear to break from this. ...Voices of experience??

"Use the search Luke". Lot's of discussions with using hydraulic TO bearings in this sort of application. A few of us have top loaders and can describe how it acts on the highway. As for the driveshaft - it'll have to be custom made. I'd use the Neapco adapter on the back, and a Ford setup up front. I've been told, FWIW, to not use aluminum as it has no real advantage in an app like ours.

Run an R200, they've proven pretty durable for others. CV joints can fortify it for heavier duty use if you begin breaking U joints. Several methods for adapting these have been posted in the past. icon_biggrin.gif