HybridZ

Injector Help

Guest Iansstud

Guest Iansstud

Hey guys maby some one can help me out, I am currently rebuilding my 280z Fuel rail. I bought some injectors used and trashed off of ebay for 6$ for all six. The ones that came (with plastic cap over tip) are different then the ones i am currently pulling. (ones with metal tip).

I wanted to just pull them all, inspect them and reinstall all of them but two that were pluged or dead.

whats the difference between the two? would it hurt my motor to have 2 different injectors from the rest?...

Thanks for your help, I hope i can get an answer by 6ish i need it to be finnished by 7 so thanks guys....

p.s. sorry for the blurry pics, my phone sucks up close, thanks

- Ian

IMG_0186_thumb.jpg

IMG_0187_thumb.jpg

IMG_0188_thumb.jpg

Guest Iansstud

Ok, so I figured out that the injectors are 280zxt injectors, and so I swaped out the 2 bad injectors, with the stock ones, and fired it up. no change, drove it around... no change... even on heavy acceleration....

I pulled the plugs, all look good, all have spark.

I pulled and re-cleaned the plug, retested the plug, normal voltage. plug it in, no change. still missing on 3&6....

I did a compression test a few weeks ago, and got 150s on a cold motor w/o adding oil.

I am stumped, any advise would mean alot, thanks guys

So, I ordered 2 new ones to match the rest (289zxt injectors) old (still not working) ones will have to do for now:confused2