HybridZ

no spark help!

flames_187

Hi guys,

i recently got a 77z with megasquirt already installed in it(MSII). I been trying to figure out why i am not getting spark for the past 3 weeks and in need of help. The car is completely stock with 240sx tps set at 7 psi until my wb and intercoolering piping gets here and i am running ms2 ver. 2.885. The car will crank but not fire up. I can smell gas and datalogging confirms i am getting fuel. I had sent the Ms board to DIY because my computer wouldnt reflash it correctly got it back and now the light flashes when cranking which it didnt before. (as i think it should to show tach signal). I also am getting the reset notifcation even before i crank (right when i turn ingition into ON position). And i also noticed my spark advance from my datalog to always stay on 40.5 (attached datalog). the coil is fine and the plugs look soaked in fuel when i take them out.

datalog_thumb.JPG

config5_18_08.msq.zip

datalog6.xls.zip

i got it started last night. I turned down my pw @ -40 to 2.5 and 160 to .1 cleaned the spark plugs and matched the timing... I am still getting reset codes right when i turn MS on and the computer running but will deal with that once i get a good tune for the car.

i got it started last night. I turned down my pw @ -40 to 2.5 and 160 to .1 cleaned the spark plugs and matched the timing... I am still getting reset codes right when i turn MS on and the computer running but will deal with that once i get a good tune for the car.

Reset codes are only a problem if they happen when you don't turn the Megasquirt on. Because they happen with noisy signals, a lot of people talk about eliminating resets. But the reset you get when you switch the Megasquirt on the first time is the one that's supposed to happen.