HybridZ

Feq quick questions

zane9000

I am having trouble getting my car up and running for the first time and I have two questions I have come up with. So far the only way I can get the car to run at all is if I pump the gas constantly and have some the accel enrichments turned on. If I zero them out the car will stumble a bit but wont start. I have had my ASE anywhere from 0-50% with pretty much the same result.

First, and most likely, problem is fuel. I am using an old mystery pump I pulled off a junkyard Z. I dont think it is stock. It takes 4-6 seconds to pressurize the system and once it is turned off the pressure will drop from ~40psi to ~5psi in under a minute. I was able to get the car to run on this pump previously, but that was over a year ago on a different setup. Also I don't remember the pump having such a problem holding pressure. Does this sound like something that would cause my stating problem?

My second guess is the coil not getting enough current. I am using direct spark output from MSII and have it run through the cab to the coil with 18guage wire. Is this to thin? I had run 10gauge on a previous setup that worked, but this seemed to be overkill.

edit: The title is supposed to be "Few Quick Questions" but Im a non-proofreading jerk and now I cant edit the title....